Accounting (Senior - Team Lead, Thailand Team)
What Is Shipper
Shipper is a growing technology company with operations in Indonesia, China and Thailand. With our mission to move society forward, we provide well-rounded logistics solutions for businesses of all sizes. Today, we offer several services, including First-Mile Pickup and Delivery, Fulfilment/Warehouse Management, and Cross-Border shipping services. We are financially supported by eminent investors, including Naspers, Floodgate, Y-combinator, Lightspeed Ventures Partners, Insignia Ventures Partners, DST Global Partners, and Sequoia Capital India.
Why Join Shipper
An opportunity to build the next Unicorn with some of the most brilliant people in their fields and specialty, while also creating impact by supporting small sellers and micro-entrepreneurs across the region.
Who We Are Looking For
We are looking for an Accounting (Senior - Supervisor/TL Level) to manage all financial transactions, from fixed payments and variable expenses to bank deposits and budgets.
Accountant responsibilities include auditing financial documents and procedures, reconciling bank statements and calculating tax payments and returns. To be successful in this role, you should have previous experience with bookkeeping and a flair for spotting numerical mistakes.
Ultimately, you will provide us with accurate quantitative information on our business's financial position, liquidity and cash flows while ensuring we comply with all tax regulations.
What Will You Do
- Manage and oversee the daily operations of the accounting department (~100-200 transactions/month), such as Month-end and Year-end, AP, AR, GL, cash forecasting, account statement reconciliations, fixed assets, etc.
- Manage company's tax accounting and Revenue Department requirements (e.g. PND 3, 53, 54, PP30, PP36, PND 50 and PND 51)
- Assist in setting up and implementing process and workflow improvements to enhance work efficiency and accuracy
- Coordinate and support the internal and external audit and ensure controls are in place and effective for all key processes
- Prepare management reports on both regular and ad-hoc to the headquarters related to financial reporting and taxes
- Check and prepare monthly balance financial statement
- Monitor and review Accounting and related system reports for accuracy
What Are The Requirements
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Finance related
- 4+ years of working experience in Finance and accounting functions
- Robust accounting process, including AR, AP, and GL
- Having an audit background is preferable
- Having experience in month-end closing and year-end closing is preferable
- Good knowledge of IFRS, TFRS and tax laws
- Proficient in dealing with internal/external auditors
- Good command of spoken and written English (working with Regional team)
- Detail-oriented and organized; strong planning and prioritization abilities.
- CPD Certificate License is required
- CPA Certificate License is an advantage
- Experience and/or understanding of logistics, shipping, freight and/or fulfilment company operations will be an advantage
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills (Thai/English)
- Preferred local Thai candidate