Principal - Fund Raising
Dubai - United Arab Emirates
Posted on Tuesday, May 31, 2022
Klub was founded to make capital accessible for founders (we know how taxing raising funds can get). As India’s largest Revenue Based Financing platform, we offer non-dilutive capital up to ₹30 crores for consumer brands across 35+ sectors (F&B, Fashion, Health & Wellness, Electronics, Cloud Kitchens & more) We have facilitated over 1000 investments in leading brands of India including BluSmart, Third Wave Coffee Roasters, SMOOR, Tagz Foods, Hero Electric, Bewakoof & more!
Here’s what makes us the most scalable growth capital partner for new-age businesses:
#Founder-friendly: No pitch decks, no personal guarantees, no equity dilution, no board seats. Speed: Our turnaround time is very fast, which helps us in meeting any urgent capital requirements. Companies can apply online on our app in less than 10 mins and get a term sheet within 48 hours!
#Product-led: By relying exclusively on data and metrics, we take bias out of decision-making. (Fun fact:30%+ of our portfolio has women founders/CXOs)Flexible: Companies pay as a percentage of revenues. They can choose to raise as little as ₹ 5 lakhs to as much as ₹30 crs, based on their metrics and capital requirements.
# We raised $2 mn at an idea stage in December 2019 from Sequoia Capital’s Surge program, and marquee investors like Naveen Tewari (Founder, InMobi Group), and Kunal Shah (Founder, CRED).
# Raised $20 mn in one of the largest seed rounds by an Indian Fintech company. This includes marquee investors like GMO (Japan), Alter Global (USA), and others.
# Became one of the first RBF players to launch a $30 mn fundFacilitated 1000+ investment rounds in over 400 leading consumer brands (from bootstrapped companies to unicorns!)
As the Principal - Fundraising, you will build and scale Klub’s Aceler8 credit funds in India and in the GCC countries, raising capital that Klub will leverage to empower growth for loved digital businesses.
- Responsible for raising funds from multiple geographies for Klub’s credit funds in India and in the GCC
- Develop and deliver a comprehensive and coherent fundraising strategy for Klub’s credit funds, including setting and meeting realistic time-limited fundraising targets, in coordination with the leadership team.
- Identity, engage, and nurture long-term relationships with institutional investors, large family offices, and HNIs using their relationships, Klub’s connections, and other sources
- Produce high-quality fundraising materials to effectively scale LP relationships, including pitch decks, pitch books, and financial models
- Create and execute multi-platform thought leadership on the alternative investment space to market Aceler8 and Klub’s RBF offering to institutional investors, large family offices, and HNIs across the world
- Manage reporting functions for all funds and serve as point-of-contact for LPs
- 4-10 years experience in fundraising for funds (preferably credit funds), private banking, wealth management, fund placement agencies, investment banking, funds of funds, etc.
- Deep networks in fund investor ecosystems, both in India and in the UAE
- Excel in negotiating and selling, with strong interpersonal and communication skills and demonstrated track record of institutional investor, large family office, and HNI engagement
- Independent, proactive, and detail-oriented problem-solver who is comfortable with ambiguity, quick changes, tight deadlines, and moving targets
- Strong background in credit products and raising international capital for funds
- Excellent communication, self-presentation, and interpersonal skills
- Very strong sales DNA with extreme fire-in-the-belly and a self-starter attitude
#Location - We are open for Abu Dhabi or Dubai as the base location
#Candidates willing to relocate to the UAE are welcome to apply
We are a 100+ member team based out of Bangalore (Koramangala). Our founders are Anurakt Jain (Corporate Intrapreneur at InMobi, VC at DFJ and Vertex; IIT-D, Wharton, CFA) & Ishita Verma (i-banking/investing veteran at Kotak, Unitus Capital, Snyder UAE; LSR, IIM-B).Find more about our leadership team here.
Here are some of the reasons why our team enjoys working at Klub:
# Solving challenging problem statements
# High-growth stage startup with fast execution
# Diverse cultureStructured thinking & approach
# Supportive team
# Know more about life at Klub from our team.
What you should expect at Klub?
# Career acceleration: Our best performers had 3+ promotions/charter expansions in 2yrs
# Upskilling: Dedicated learning and development department with budgets and weekly learning hours
# International exposure: Klub’s going global and you will have a front-row seat. We have already piloted in the middle east.
# Salary: Market-benchmarked compensation
# ESOPs: Get skin in the game, and grow with the company!
# Generous paid time off: For days you wake up with sniffles and days when you need to unwind
# Healthcare benefits: Insurance coverage for self, spouse, and kids
# Fun: Our team likes football matches, board games, frequent team lunches, and celebrating milestones!
# Diversity: We are an equal opportunity employer We do not discriminate on the basis of race, creed, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, or similar conditions. 40% of our team is women and we’re committed to increasing this number.
What are we looking for in a candidate?
Read the blog that defines our culture. TLDR; Fire in the belly, intellectual curiosity, a drive to deliver, exceptional accountability, and humility.
About the application process
Apply through our careers page
3 rounds of video or in-person interviews to assess role fit, general aptitude, and cultural fitment
Craftsmanship assignments or case studies (for select roles)
See more open positions at Klub
Something looks off?