Global Head of Operations
Clara is the leading spend management platform for companies in Latin America. Our end-to-end solution includes our locally-issued corporate cards, a Bill Pay product, financing solutions, and our highly-rated software platform; already being used by thousands of the most successful companies across the region.
Clara is backed by top global and regional investors such as GGV Capital, Coatue, DST Global Partners, General Catalyst, monashees, Acrew Capital, Kaszek, Citius, Canary, Citi Ventures, Picus Capital, Avid Ventures, ICONIQ Growth, Endeavor Catalyst, Goldman Sachs, Accial Capital, and prominent angel investors.
We are looking for a Global Head of Operations who will:
- Be in charge of leading transactional management, account maintenance and logistics of clara card and other products.
- Lead underwriting and credit line management teams, collaborating with Risk and Growth teams to effectively and efficiently review applications and execute line increases and decreases.
- Lead transaction reporting/dispute/chargeback processes to minimize our fraud cost while maintaining our SLAs to customers and Customer Happiness teams.
- Develop strategic supply chain partnerships and negotiate commercial terms with logistics partners.
- Strategic leadership of our collections teams, utilizing a mix of tech-driven pre-collections efforts, team-members’ efforts as well as collections agencies to maximize collection efficacy at the lowest cost possible.
- Identify main recurring operational problems and opportunities to implement continuous improvement plans.
- Track quality indicators and service levels, as well as guarantee the adhesion of partners to Clara rules.
- Assist Acceptance & Fraud team to resolve card acceptance problems with key local commerces,
- Successfully oversee all audits and external reviews into our processes and documentation control, ensuring perfect compliance.
Our requirements for this position are:
- +4 years of experience leading a cross-functional and/or cross-country operations teams.
- +2 years of expertise in at least 2 of the following - (Credit desk/underwriting, Collections, Fintech/financial institution back office).
- Analytic and data-driven approach to new features or suggestions for improvement.
- Expertise in answering customer requests to screen, register, treat, monitor, and solve problems.
- Expertise in resolving incidents, mitigating potential losses to the business and addressing root causes.
- Spanish Native language (position is based in Mexico or Colombia, hybrid).
- English Professional Proficiency.
Additional Skills & Plus
- Previous experience in startups - considering the operations product lifecycle.
- Strong project management, leadership, and cross-group collaboration skills.
- Good problem-solving skills and ability to think strategically with a business-first focus.
- Ability to wear many hats, learn quickly and change direction when needed.
- Ability to think creatively and critically about product features and user scenarios in the enterprise space.
- Innate curiosity and ability to self-start in an ambiguous and rapidly changing startup environment.
- Growth mindset; drive to stay up to date with changes to enterprise technology required.